Monday, June 16, 2008

A Famous Spot To Remember The Old Days.......

This famous spot always reminds me of my old days when I was a child. As there is no big Shopping Centres at that time, guess..... this is the only place that my mum used to bring me there..... Oh!! What a memory to recall indeed!!

Mind you this building is still standing strong until today...... with it's name still maintain 'Electra House' and also the popular eating place 'The Open Air Market'. Lots of food lovers still come to this place for nice food such as Rojak, Kangkong & Cuttlefish, Beef Mee, Kolok Mee, Pau, Seo Bee, varieties of rice dishes, Ice Kacang, etc.... etc......

Another thing that reminds me of this place is the Bus Station. I used to travel by bus when I was young, so this seems to be the most popular place for most people as it is the center point for all bus users.

With the bus station being relocated years back, today this place is a parking bay for the licensed Vans for rental or known as Kereta Sewa in Malay.

No matter whatever changes takes place in this one time popular spot, it will always be in my memory and recalling it can be down memory lane...... guess not only for me but all the senior Kuching Folks as well........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post, it also helps me recall my young days.

The bus station, the nice food, Electra House..... Oh..... what great memories indeed!!