Saturday, November 1, 2008

The 3rd Year of my Non-Working Life...........

Exactly 2 years ago, that is 1st November 2006, I'm free from all official duties!!! To recall how my feelings are then....... well..... off course at that particular time, I'm having this mixed feelings of gonna miss so many friends and off course happy to be free from all the stressful situations we are in at that time. If you were to ask whether I miss my job???? NO!! If you are wondering why, guess you'll understand if you do read my earlier blog about my working life and will be writing more on it soon.

So....... am I bored now??? Off-course NO! Being working since after leaving school, settle down and having children...... well...... I have been spending so much time in the office than at home. Throughout those 25 years 8 months of my working life, I've been working hard to strike a perfect balance between my career and family life. For those women who are working, guess you know how difficult it is to have a perfect balance between the two!! Many a times, we find that it is heavier on one side, but again...... it is our own credibility to balance it back!!

Like many other women, I love to cook, sew and keeping the house clean, so during those years I know that I have not done enough. So, this is the time for me to unwind....... do what I love doing and have the freedom to plan out my own extra-ordinary schedules...... such as visiting my children who are away from home, going for holiday, and many others........ There is no such need to apply for leave or ensuring that someone is around when intending to have a break. I still remember though...... for over 20 years, that was when I worked in the Store, I couldn't even have my Christmas leave due to most of my colleagues going back Kampung to celebrate their Christmas Holiday. See what I mean????

Anyway, I really enjoy my life now....... I always believe that "money" is not everything! As long as we have enough to spend, living a simple, happy, contented, healthy & a life full of love....... that is enough!!! Just try to think of those who are even more unlucky than us..... those who are poorer and don't have enough money even for their daily expenses....... If we care to think of them, then we will realise that our life is much, much more better off than them!!!

But one very simple theory for me is....... even if I'm not working, I must still discipline myself each day. I make sure that I have to wake up at 7, bath and get ready for breakfast, then scheduled myself for something to do with my in-laws, say till 11.30, then off I go home!! Half of my day is already spent, and for the other half, it will be for my own family and off course myself!!

"Cheerfulness in most cheerful people, is the rich and satisfying result of strenuous discipline"
~ Edwin Percy Whipple ~

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose!"

Dear friends, always remember to live a life full of happiness - surrounded with flowers, sunshine, rainbows & all that nature have to offer. Keep smiling and be happy always!! God Bless!!!

No comments: