Monday, April 28, 2008

More than a treasure!

As I was flipping through my old photo album last night, I suddenly saw this photo - Oh, My treasure!!

Those who are either older than me or almost my age will understand but not the younger generation. Well.... in the past, when we were in Primary Six we sat for Common Entrance (which we call it now UPSR). In that exam it is compulsory for all students to submit a hand-made art, and as I've chosen to do batik..... this is the output of my effort. It really takes months to complete the whole thing. I still remember have to use lots of wax (from melted candles), brushes, batik ink.... ah.... just to recall some of the items used.

Thanks to my parents for giving me so much support and ideas or else I think I won't be able to complete it in time for the submission.

In actual fact this photo doesn't cover the whole batik piece..... it's just the center portion only. Though I can't remember the size of it, but I can still recall that it's rather big.

We never have the opportunity to take back this art-piece, but luckily I still have this little photo to remember it, or else..... I don't think I'll be able to imagine how it looks like now.

"The greatest treasure are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart"

No comments: