Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cooking and Food

I remember when I was in my young days, I love to watch my mum doing cooking in the kitchen and also helping her out with the preparation as well as sitting beside her watching her when she do her sewing.

However, when I was in my lower secondary school, studying Home Science is a must for every girls and Woodworking for the boys. This not only helps to build our interests as girls or boys, but it really helps us in our growing up years to learn things (for girls) such as:-
  • Personal grooming - Personal health, appearance, hair, clothes and shoes
  • Cleaning and care of the home
  • Laundrywork
  • Cooking and nutrition
  • Mothercraft and home nursing
  • Needlework and dressmaking
In today's modern world, children are very much engrossed with televisions, computers & games, internets, etc..... thus, their interests in the areas as mentioned above are very much switched. As mothers myself, I can see that today's children though more educated are not able to fit into the above-mentioned environment. Some even can't cook a simple dish or prepare their own meal. They are very much dependent on their mothers.

In my opinion, I still prefer that today's children must learn (off course with their own initiatives not forcing) to be more independant as it will be easier for them when they go out furthering their studies (outside their own hometown) or working for the matter. Competition is very great in today's era, so our children definitely won't be like 'Katak dibawah tempurung' as in the olden days (which is staying at home with their parents from young till their working life).

Cooking is never hard to learn as long as we have the interest. We don't have to cook good food using complicated cooking methods - Simple cooking can be more nutritious, mouth watering and tasty compared to a packet of fast food outside! I think most mothers will agree with me.

So my dear dear children or younger generation people...... build your interest in cooking and I can assure you that it will be a lesson worth learning. If you have any doubts, never hesitate to ask.... rest assured..... until today I still ask my elderly about tips on cooking..... the more you ask the better cook you'll be as by asking you are learning. I always remember a saying 'If you stop learning you stop living'.

Interested with my simple and yet tasty and mouth watering Fried Chicken???? I am most willing to share...... it is my very own recipe. I have the photo published in my earlier blog, so just view from there.....

Recipe - Fried Chicken
  1. Chicken - clean and cut into pieces (prefer a little bigger piece so it will be more tender after frying)
  2. Marinade the chicken pieces with Pepper, Salt and Chicken Stock Granules (Tips: If marinade overnight put less of the marinade ingredients, but if only after few hours, then can put more)
  3. Put oil in the kuali or pot and heat it up. (for deep frying, use more oil so that the chicken will be crispy)
  4. Coat chicken pieces evenly with flour (tepung gandum)
  5. Deep fry chicken in moderate heat until golden colour (remember: if oil is too hot it will burnt the chicken and the inside won't be fully cooked)
  6. Serve!!
So simple right??? Anyway..... wish you all success and happy cooking and off course enjoy your fried chicken!!!!

Another two of my children's favourite dishes (Crab fried with egg & Stir fried asparagus with mushrooms and meat)

No comments: