Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Argument Over A Hotel......

Recently as I was chatting with my daughter through MSN, she suddenly pose me a question "Is there a Holiday Inn Hotel in Miri?" Sure enough my answer to her is "YES"! I was very confident as years back I have attended a dinner function there. I even tell her that the hotel is situated next to the river and the scenery is very beautiful..... that's what makes me to remember the place very well!

Suddenly to my surprised...... she argued..... "I don't think there is cos I've never seen it for as long as I am there". I really can't argue with her much as I know she likes to travel and eventhough she is only there for less than a year, I think she have been going round Miri City, including the areas further off.

Finally we end the arguments as she will try to find out further about it. After that I also forget about this Hotel issue.

It was only until my recent visit to Miri that she drove me to ParkCity Everly Hotel, situated at Jalan Temenggung Datuk Oyong....... then I realised that this is the Hotel which we are arguing about.

The hotel didn't change a bit (from the outside view), except that it changed it's name to ParkCity Everly Hotel, Miri (formerly known as Holiday Inn, Miri).

This photo is taken to proof that I am not wrong about the existence of Holiday Inn Miri and neither is she. The photo is taken at Marina Bay and overlooking it is the hotel which we have been arguing about.....

It has been a good argument and proof afterall..... at least we know for now!!

No comments: