Thursday, September 10, 2009

Through the pages of my working life......... [Part 4]

I really have indeed spent three quarters of my working life in this so called place 'Store' which then change its name to Warehouse Operation & Materials Management...... finally to Malaysian Logistics.

Here's to recall some moments and memories which I've not captured in my earlier Blog, both in words & old photos to be shared with all friends & readers........

Attending courses or trainings in relation to our scope of duty is a requirement for all staffs. In the early years, most of the specific courses are conducted in the Training Centre in Kuala Lumpur, which is Jalan Gurney. I remember attending a course there during the landas season, and due to the non-stop heavy downpour the training centre was flooded. Water gushes into the lifts which leads to our hostel (as the hostel area is low lying), and goodness me, I have to climb 19 floor up and down each day. I still recall at one evening the flood water was so high that we can't even cross over to the canteen to have our dinner. Being so hungry and inhaling the smell of nice foods surrounding us........ oh! it's an experience which I cannot forget!! In actual fact the water doesn't subside, luckily some good samaritan men get some tables, over-turn it to make boats, so we, the ladies climb onto it and they pull us over to the other side which is the higher ground, to get our food and then back again to our hostel after dinner - May God Bless them all!

Another bitter moment which I'll never forget is moving our store materials from the existing place to another building few yards away using a Wheelbarrow!! Surprise right?? Though we have our company's vehicle but during peak time when the vehicle is out, the only available thing for us to use is wheelbarrow. And just to elaborate, our materials are not put in one place but all over the different parts of the building and worst is the new place is double-storey, meaning to say, we need to carry some of the materials up to the 1st floor! Thinking about it really makes my bones and body feel aching!!

Later, the whole store was moved to Bintawa and being surrounded by Fertilizer Plants just can't imagine how we all suffered during those period of time - the horrible smell and small particles drifting all over........ I remember at one time I get this problem of hair-dropping, so have to put on a hat whenever I go outside, I wonder anyone remember the lady with the 'big-red' hat!!! Another unavoidable problem I face at that time is the throat & skin allergy.

- Taken at the canteen of the training centre in KL in 1990
- I always remember the blue plastic plate with many compartments & the blue cup
- All the 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) are being served there






Taken at Dewan Suarah "Majlis Makan Malam" on 18/12/1989
(Left) A group singing
(Right) My colleagues & I smiling away......


- Taken in 1990 at Holiday Inn Pool Side
- Atur Vendors' Night
- Duet with Nancy & the band members from Telekom








(Top Left) Me & my colleague (Mr. William) doing Stock Taking at Limbang Store
(Top Right) "Action" in the office of Angela Bine Bari
(Bottom) Group photo with the In-Charge & colleagues from Limbang Store

No comments: