Wednesday, September 9, 2009

'Radio Day 090909'

What a coincidence......... for 'Radio Day' to fall on this day with beautiful digits of 090909!!

As I was looking at the date on my cell phone for purpose of parking my car at one of Kuching's popular shopping center, there I come to realise "Wow! today's date is special 090909". I was in the midst of tearing the parking coupon when all of a sudden I heard the announcer from Lite Fm mentioning that today is Radio Day!!

Talking about radio, we really ought to thank the person who invented it. From as long as I can recall, this small electronic device has been of so much use since I was young till now....... Everyday we make use of it to catch the latest happenings around us, and when we are caught in a traffic jam it never fails us by keeping us entertained. When we travel long journey it has been our best companion, accompanying us throughout our boring journey without fail.

On this special day, we are not only thankful for the person who invented this special device but special thanks also to all the announcers who accompany us day in and day out - being the earliest to leave their home each morning and the last to leave their radio station at the end of the day. "Thank you for the job well done!!" & May God bless you all always".

No comments: