Monday, September 7, 2009

Something to reflect.........

As I was attending Church Mass yesterday morning, I met one of my Grand Auntie (my grandmother's 3rd sister). Surprisingly she came and sit next to me, but hardly recognise me until I greeted her. That's the norm of old people, that's why me & my husband always remind our children to greet the elders first in case they meet any one of them as the younger people have better memories than the old.

Since it is still early so we both have the opportunity to chat and update each other on our family members and relatives. In her sad tone, she also mentioned that she haven't meet up with any of those relatives for a long time.

That short chat really makes me reflect on our precious life which many seems to neglect and many opportunities slip by without giving it a thought and it is only when we are old and lonely that we realise how precious those wasted time, lives & opportunities are to each and everyone of us.

The best time & opportunity for us to get acquainted with our cousins, family members & friends are during the time of our childhood days..... why?? Well, when we are young we tend to go where our parents goes, such as visiting our relatives & friends. But, how many can recall being very close to their cousin brothers or sisters???? At that tender age, it is never easy to be close with them, instead there seems to be more quarrels & fights than friendship! I think you will all agree with me. Reflecting on those childhood days sometimes makes me smile, laugh or grin cos' our thoughts, feeling and acts are childish, sometimes I wish how good if "we can think how we are thinking now".

As we grows older, graduated from studies, off to work and some might be settling down, thus there will be no more opportunity for us to get together with our relatives & friends. Everyone is busy with their own tight schedules and mind you, this will ding-dong on for the next 35 years or more, till we retire. It will only be then that we come to realise "well, where are all my relatives & friends?????"

No comments: