Friday, September 4, 2009

Through the pages of my working life......... [Part 2]

Unending efforts in applying for a permanent job finally becomes a 'dream comes true' for me after my four short months as a Temporary Enumerator in the Statistics Department.

On 2nd March 1981 I was appointed as a Storekeeper which is known as Penyelenggara Stor Tingkatan Biasa in the Telecommunications Department, Kuching. I still recall on the morning of my reporting duty at Were Road, I am having this mixed feelings all inside me....... knowing not what to expect! Though I feel happy & curious, at the same time there is this feeling of fear and worries.......

After reporting duty to Staff Department, I was being asked to report to a Senior Technical Assistant who later gave me a lift to my base station at Jalan Tenaga, Pending, which is quite a distance from the place I reported for duty.

Upon reaching the place called STORE, I was met by a Store Officer, who was the incharge and was later introduced to the rest of my up-coming colleagues. The first thing I observe is 'It's a man's world!' Sure enough, I am the 'Rose among the thorns'. Somehow I was greeted with smiles & warm welcome from all those strong man - it's does relief me though!

Spending 20 years three and a half months of my life in this solid place called Store; going through hardships being a lady working in a man's world; using up lots of my strength to lift heavy loads; perspiring 'tons' of sweat, and...... and..... I've some write-ups in my much earlier blog, so if you are interested, go search & grab those reading articles for your reading pleasure.

After 9 years of hard work, determination & commitments, I was promoted to Senior Storekeeper on 1st December 1990. This really is the 'fruits of my harvest!!' A promotion means more responsibilities added onto my scope of duty, thus being put in charge of the whole Warehouse Operations. Though it's a heavy burden on my shoulder and despite my busy work schedules, day in and day out, one thing I never forget is 'Prayer'. I greatly believe that it is through prayer that all my heavy burdens are being lifted physically & spiritually and I am able to continue each day of my working life without much problems. I really praise and thank God for his constant presence in my life each day!

So much for this write-up & sharing, will put up some old photos in remembrance of the many great days of our lives (me and my colleagues) spent in the Store in my next blog. So, watch out for it dear friends........

No comments: