Friday, January 22, 2010

Why children looks forward to Chinese New Year???

When I was a young child me and my siblings are always looking forward to the Chinese New Year Festival. New clothes, shoes, bags, ribbons for the hair, a reunion dinner with varieties of nice foods on the dinner table, enjoy the new year visitings with parents to relatives' homes and not forgetting the most look forward 'Ang Pow'.

With all the nice, great, enjoyable things to look forward to, most children are really in the mood during this season of the lunar year.

In about three weeks from now, the Chinese will be ushering the year of 'The Tiger'. Every homes must be busy preparing for this festive season. Decorations are being put up in all shopping malls and Chinese New Year songs are being aired to gear up the mood for this festival.

I've got here an old photo of me and my sister Pauline during the 1973 CNY. What I recall is that my mum used to make the same dress for us two girls, which makes us look like TWINS!
The next photo shows Alex & Karen enjoying playing with their toy drum & cymbal.......


Then follow with the Lion Dance of the 70's...... heading the lion is my brother Simon & the tail is my sister Pauline. For information, this historic lion was hand made by my late father.

No comments: