Thursday, January 7, 2010

A healthy Hakka delicacy

LUI CHA has been a long time healthy delicacy not only to the Hakka people but to all people at large who loves to eat vegetables. It is served with a combination of few type of vegetables, Chai Po (pickled turnip), fried beancurd, fried peanuts, rice and a bowl of soup comprises of grinded tea leaves & others.
Personally, for a very long time I wish to eat this dish but after two attempt I failed....... wanna know why?????? What kept me away from this dish is the strong smell of the tea soup. I know there are people who eat this dish without the tea soup, but for myself I strongly felt that eating this dish without the tea soup is better off than not eating this Hakka Lui Cha at all!

However, just before Christmas a friend of mine brought me to a place selling home-made Lui Cha. I was quite reluctant at first as I told her that "I really don't know how to eat". But this time I was really caught by surprise as the tea soup of this Lui Cha taste much more different than those that I've tasted before. Off course I started off with the not-so-bitter tea soup and after this first attempt I brought my daughter to have her first bowl of Hakka Lui Cha and will be bringing my mum and many other friends after this.

For those who loves this Hakka delicacy, I strongly recommend you all to have your favourite bowl of Lui Cha at Jalan Intan, Off Jalan Tengah of Jalan Pisang Road West. It is the first corner single storey house as you turn in to Jalan Intan. I believe that after your first attempt, you will be one of their regular customer. I've already had my third bowl since then, so friends, enjoy your Lui Cha!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for informing a popular Lui Cha eater like me, sure won't miss!



Jean