Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Do Not Judge A Book By It's Cover"

While I was driving this morning and with my car radio on, a question was being posed to listeners by one of the favourite radio station "Whether or not to judge a book by its cover?"

Personally, I fully agree that we should not judge a book by it's cover! Anything that we see from the surface of it cannot tells what is actual or real. If we were to judge a person's heart only from the face, then it's totally unfair - but this is what most people do!! A person having an unfriendly look doesn't mean that he/she is not good or friendly and likewise a person who can "sweet-talk" doesn't necessarily mean that he/she is good and sincere from the heart! Many a times it turns out to be the opposite instead!

Being in the working life for more than 25 years, and having lots of opportunities to meet and get along with all types of people really makes me more wiser. That is why I really agree to "Do not judge a book by it's cover'!! The cover of the book is just like a "masquerade", covering a person's inward appearance, habit, character, behavior, etc.....etc...... It can be just pretending!!

A quote from Ahmet Zappa "I picked books by the covers - the worst the cover, the more I wanted to read it" is very meaningful and seems to go along side with what I've shared above.

No comments: