Friday, March 7, 2008

Singing not as a career but a hobby........ (Part 1)

When I was very young I have already loved to sing! As far back as I can remember, I used to hear my dad strum the guitar while my mum sing along to the music.....

I love to copy all my favourite songs in a book and in my own free time I will sing as I turn the pages. When my dad is free (after work) he will either strum his guitar or play the organ and I'll be singing along to his music. This is how I developed my interest in singing.

My dad had a very special talent when it comes to musical instruments! Mind you..... he can play any musical instruments that is given to him. I used to hear him playing music out of bottles filled with water!! It's amazing right?? How sad for he had left us for 28 years this coming April 14th. Though he is not with us in person but I will forever remember his love and care for us, his special talents, and most of all his music which always rings in my heart!!

I joined the first singing competition when I was in Primary 4, organised by our school. As that was my first experience, I dare to admit that my singing was horrible due to stage fright! However, it never discourage me as it is a good experience for me. Just imagine.... 'how many people dare to go up the stage to sing??'

When I was in Secondary School, I went to Radio Malaysia Sarawak (at that time it is RMS and not RTM) with a school friend of mine who also loves to sing. We were successful in our audition and were required to sing for a Christmas Show. It was indeed a memorable experience as it was my first time I sang on stage, infront of an audience and also aired on radio. The song that I sang is "White Christmas". I was also requested to sing for a radio program "Local Entertainers" which I perform three songs.

Till today I still love to sing. Whenever I am bored or stress, I'll do my own Karaoke at home. Just to let you all know that singing is a very good way to de-stress! So, start singing my dear friends.........

No comments: