Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A 'flash-back' of my childhood memories.........

As usual, had my early morning breakfast alone, at one of Kuching's favourite food spot! As I was waiting for my 'Fried Meehoon' to be served, I observe a small boy asking in his soft, polite voice from her mother (who is one of the stall operator) for a 'fried chicken wing'. As her mother is busy with her business, she didn't seem to bother about his child's request. Standing, with eyes fixed to the pieces of fried chicken wings, he repeated his request, over and over with patience....... It was only after a while that the mother hand over to him a plate with the chicken wing in it!!! He seems to be so happy - eating with a 'cute-grin' on his face!!!

This really reminds me of my childhood days...... feeling so happy if opportunity comes for nice food! In the early days, we only have the whole chicken and duck on the dining table when there is a festival. Unlike what it is now, anytime..... anywhere...... we can just walk into a restaurant if we are thinking of eating chicken or duck and in whatever ways of cooking we want. Nowadays, nice foods as such are also being prepared and served in the comfort of most homes - people today are really more blessed as compared to the old days!! Not to forget, we can also easily walked into a fastfood outlet like KFC, PIZZA HUT, Sugar Bun and many more....... to enjoy a sumptuous meal.

Having this 'flash-back' of my childhood memories is indeed a nice feeling....... Many a times, seeing things happening around us today will also brings us back to those memories which we once trod and experience throughout our life............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its very true that children nowadays never go hungry & are having so many varieties of nice food. In my young days, as long as we have enough to eat for 3 meals, its considered lucky. Your article really reminds me of my young days too. Thanks!