Sunday, October 12, 2008

A "CUTE" & "Special" Metronome

I believe most of us have seen a Metronome before and are aware that it is being used by musicians when practicing in order to maintain a constant tempo - tempo is always measured by 'beats per minute (BPM)'.

The one which you have seen might look like this...........






This is one of the most common type used by most musicians or even a music student for the matter...............





But............. have you ever seen one like this before??????
Like what I've mentioned in the title of this blog "CUTE" & "Special"........ The picture on the right is showing the Metronome in motion. Like many others, it is a Mechanical Wind-Up Metronome. It is "CUTE" because you won't be able to find one like this, which is the figure of a cat....... and I consider it "Special" cos' it is not purchased locally, as it is a special gift from my Uncle in England to my daughter. The Brand is "Wittner" and it's made in Germany.

No comments: