Friday, January 10, 2014

My Voice.... [2]

One fine morning, as my hand work wonders in the kitchen, all of a sudden the sweet tune of an old school song swiftly flows from my vocal chords......
"I love your rivers
By ferry nipah boarders
I love your hills
In necklaces of clouds
My land Sarawak
To you I will be faithful
My motherland......."

I couldn't help repeating the lines despite some lost words or even sentences in between.  To me, the song still sounds lovely as before.  

This meaningful song reminds me of my school days some 45 years ago.  Though we are of different cultures, customs, religion, age and colours we are all able to study and get along well with each other - classmates, schoolmates and teachers alike.  What makes me missed out most is the fun we get to enjoy during the festive seasons, especially Hari Raya and Chinese New Year.   No matter what race we are, we will gather in groups to visit each other be it rain or shine!  Everyone, including family members are so happy to welcome each other into their homes.  As long as I can recall, nothing related to sensitivity of the different races and religion ever arise, except peace, harmony and unity!  How I wish that today we are able to live in unity, peace, harmony, respect, care and concern for each as we've had in the days of our grand parents and great grandparents.

Malaysia, being a multi-racial country have long shown it's ability to live in peace, unity and harmony with each other, and I believe that we can all continue to pursue our future as such.  Being responsible Malaysians, who would want to see chaos, disunity, hatred, unjust among each other???

So, let us ponder........



No comments: