Friday, October 4, 2013

My Personal Reflections [Part 2]

"I know I can make it, just a matter of whether I want or not!"  Glad that I get to have Part 1 of my blog article "My Personal Reflections" published, and now it's time for me to continue with it.......

Being not tied down to working hours and having to apply leave to go off for short holiday or attend to any personal business, I really have all the time I need to do whatever comes my way, according to my own whims and fancies! 

I recall the years working in the Store, I never have any opportunity to take my leave during Christmas and New Year.  It is sort of Supervisor must stay behind while most of the subordinates take leave to 'balik kampung' to celebrate Christmas and New Year! Another sad thing is that those celebrants who did not take leave on Christmas Eve are allow to go back earlier, which is normally at mid morning but for my case I am only allow to leave at noon ~ sad ~  This is what we call practicing 'double standard!'  All these experiences are history to me now but still lingers in my mind!

I have been doing lots of cooking since then and most precious of all is that I get to learn lots of cooking tips from my late mother-in-law. Being a great and experienced cook herself she have imparted  a whole lot of cooking techniques to me, which is much easier to master than going through 'trials and errors' if I were to try a hand on her home-cooked recipes myself - indeed I am blessed!  Today, I am able to cook some of her favourite dishes to share with not only my own family members but also our extended family members ~ smiles ~ Getting to have the taste of  her home-cooked food is cherishing her presence with us!

I managed to go for short holidays during the first four years with family and friends.  Though its just holidays within our own country but the people whom I am with makes the most difference - having lots of fun and laughter with wonderful sweet memories to treasure!

I have been rather occupied for Year 2009! With my son Alex's wedding fixed on December 12 and with him working out of hometown, this is where myself and hubby needs to get things sorted out and arranged. Being the first wedding in our family, it's not as simple as it seem, lots of things to find out and how to go about with it bearing in mind certain necessary Chinese traditions that we need to follow. It is lucky of us to have my mum and late mother-in-law to assists in giving us advises, which enable the whole ceremony and function to sail smoothly.  The whole celebration brings great  joy, peace, love and most of all HAPPINESS to our Kuek family......

No comments: