Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My personal Reflections [Part 1]

Saying to myself "Hey lazy bum! Get Up! Put your mind into deep thoughts and rest your hands on the keyboard to let those unspoken words flow swiftly out of you to keep alive with your Blog!"

EXACTLY, this is what I should be doing!!  Let me start off by reflecting on myself few years down my memory lane.......

Once a while, deep in my heart, I'll praise God saying, "Thank God for blessing me to "pack up and leave" after 25 long years and 8 months of my working life." Whenever I met some ex-colleagues they will congratulate me for being so blessed to be able to break free from all the stress of working life - indeed I am so blessed, Praise The Lord!!

Hmmmm.... as far as I can recall, I enjoyed getting up late in the morning, just couldn't get enough of my warm cozy bed, and waking up being engulfed with quietness and peace surrounding me - this is what I want, no more having to force myself to wake up early and those early morning rushes ~ smiles ~

Being equally busy with the supervision of our house renovation soon after that, all the chores of a Home Manager - washing, cleaning, vacuuming, moping, sweeping, dusting, marketing, cooking, assisting my mother-in-law with her cooking, bringing my mum for medical appointments and many other endless things to do, but I really enjoyed doing it with an open heart full of love!  I realise that I have been missing out so much as a responsible wife, mother, daughter and daughter-in-law, but I trust that it is all because of this one good reason 'to earn a living to assist in supporting my own family.'

I have friends and ex-colleagues who are still working posing me this simple question, "Don't you feel bored staying at home?" My answer is a big NO, I enjoy every moments of it.  Always remember that when we are working we tend to do the same thing over and over again day in and day out.  This is mainly due to the fact that we spend most of the day time in the office and there is totally no room for us to stretch! Being as free as a bird now, what I need to do is to manage my time well, come up with good plans for each and everyday, work out special plans for certain days and I assure those who are still doubtful that you would want to be in my shoes ~ smile ~



No comments: