Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Home-cooked Pasta......

The word "Pasta" has never been in my FOOD  dictionary since when I am young.  I never recall eating even the most common one which is the Spaghetti!!!! As such, I never have the urge of consuming it, maybe its simply because its not our staple food; many years back pasta is not easily available or unpopular once upon a time, and maybe its because I don't know how to prepare it!

Once I remember eating it at a friends place and tends to like the way that its cooked and I remember myself saying "how I wish I can cook this pasta dish!"  This wish of mine takes quite a while for it to materialise, as far as I can recall, its due to the fact that my children, as they gradually grows older is having the like for Pasta.  It is from then that I start to acquire the skills of cooking them.  I recall the 'trial and error' situation and at times it can be rather frustrating, but by not giving up I am happy not only because I can cook my own Pasta dishes but also becoming a favourite of this non-Chinese dish!!

Fresh meat, prawns, mushrooms sausages, bacon, ham and others serves well with pasta, and it can either serve with different types of sauces or even dry, as well as makes good salad with combination of veggies such as tomato, potato, carrot, celery, etc.
Pasta salad



Two different toppings (Left) minced meat (Right) Prawns

Recently, I've tried a hand on spicy pasta with side dishes of tomato prawns and deep-fried chicken tender.  

Today, pasta dishes have become a favourite dish for many as it is easily available in most food courts.  Most mothers are also cooking the dish at home as the ingredients are easily available in our local supermarkets or hypermarkets.  

No comments: