Saturday, October 23, 2010

HOBBIES......... [Part 1]

Many, many years ago, during my Primary School days, my teacher's favourite topic for our English essay was "My Hobby". The gist of this topic are at our finger tips as it is not only something which we often write about but it's a topic for us to describe our interests.

During those days hobbies such as Collecting of Stamps, Coins, Key Chains, Marbles & many more, Pen Palling, Requesting, Kites Flying, and so on........ seems to be diminishing in today's hectic, busy, new technological and fast-pace moving world!! "People Changes With Time" happens to be a phrase which best describes the whole scenario!

These one time favourite hobbies or interests can be great things to enjoy (once a while) after our hectic work or school to ease our congested minds which helps to 'de-stress' and 're-charge' our batteries.

However, in today's technological era, the younger generations prefer to enjoy their leisure time playing computer games. Personally, I don't quite agree to too much of a concentration on the computer due to the fact that either at work or studying majority are with the computers, thus too much exposures of the rays as well as too long sitting down will sure generate some form of health problems in the long run.

Both me and my husband have been collecting Red Packets and Key Chains for nearly 30 years, but sad to say that they are just being kept lying in our drawers and box all the while. It is only until recently that I have been influenced by my friends and have decided to bring out our collections, get it sorted and filed.

I will be sharing some of our collections in my next blog, so do watch out!!!

No comments: