Monday, October 19, 2009

My passion for Singing

Since at a young age, I have been having great passion for singing. As far as I can recall, I will try to get the lyrics of those song which I love listening, copied it in my 'personal' song book - why I consider it personal cos' it is hand written! Whenever I am free after school, especially in the afternoon when homework are done, I'll open my precious song book then sing the song aloud. If my dad is around, he will join in playing his guitar or organ while I sing along.

Last week while I was karaokeing at home, somehow playing the disc of my one time favourite singer 'Agnes Chan', I then come to recall that she has been my greatest passion for singing!!! Her cute childish sharp voice simply makes me love her and her songs. I also remember singing her first recorded song entitled 'Circle Games' during a singing competition in Secondary School. When this song was recorded and released a year later in 1971 as a single, it became a smash hit which makes Agnes's record became number one song in all four TV and FM station in Hongkong and she was nick named 'Hong Kong Queen'. In the same year she also received an award for the best Asian Singer Prize as well as chosen to be one of "Hongkong's Ten Top Stars". All through her life she have been devouting a great part to charity, today she continues her work as an author, singer and TV personality along with her charity works and her work as Unicef Ambassador.

Guess, there must be many out there who doesn't know her, but here's some old photos to share, who knows when you get to look at it you'll tend to recall.........






She married in December 1985 to Mr. Tsutomu Kaneko, who had been her Manager and is blessed with two sons and a daughter. For information, she will be turning 55 on 20th August 2010.

No comments: