Friday, October 30, 2009

The build-up of my passion for singing............

It is true that most people loves to hum and sing short verses of their favourite songs while in the process of doing things such as, sweeping and moping the floor, gardening, cooking, washing the car and most of all when having their shower!!!

This proves that singing has been a passion for most people, it is just a matter of fact whether they intend to pursue further with it or not. Through songs there comes music, which I believe is a must in our lives. Without the sound of music around us is like living in a place far, far away and is alone!!! How devastated, lonely and meaningless live would be, if it is such a situation!!!!

"Life without music would be a mistake"
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

"Music is the universal language of mankind"
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~

"Music is harmony, harmony is perfection, perfection is our dream, and our dream is heaven"
~ Amiel ~

With my passion and love for singing, I never let any opportunity slip by without trying a hand on it. I build up my singing guts during my school days, either singing in a group or solo during teacher's day and also entering School Talentine Competition. Though I didn't win any place in the competition it never makes me loose hope & confidence. Instead I continue to build confidence by practicing on my own at home. It was in the mid 70's that I went for an audition at Radio Malaysia Sarawak (RMS). I was accepted and I sang for a 'Christmas Show' with two songs 'White Christmas' and 'Devoted to you'. Before the show there are several practices with the Live Band from Radio Malaysia Sarawak 'Combo RMS'. I continue singing in a few more shows with RMS and my final one is aired in a program called 'Local Entertainers'. At that time I was being interviewed by a local press and was published in a local Malay newspaper. After I left schooling I didnt continue pursuing singing in RMS which later changed to RTM (Radio Television Malaysia). Whatever it is, I never let go of my passion for singing but I continue to pursue it even during my working and family life.

Will continue to share in my up-coming blog, ......... so do watch out!!

No comments: