Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Sometimes"........... "But"...........

"Sometimes" & "But" are the most commonly used words in our everyday lives! A true & real scenario or situation can sometimes becomes the other way round because of the word "BUT".

Last Saturday afternoon I was sending my son and his two other friends back to their home at BDC from tHE Spring. As my son is intending to follow them to attend Sunset Mass at Blessed Sacrament Church which is nearby, so I dropped them and left.

As usual, I have always been extra careful driving along that area as I used to observe vehicles being driven at great speed and not to mention most residents there are the rich, so the vehicles they own are also the 'big & powerful' ones!

As the road is clear, I then made my first turning to the left, then shockingly I saw a PRADO 4X4 turning in from the main road accelerating at great speed coming right towards me! I gave myself a quick thought "why that driver driving so fast & yet taking on my lane?" Knowing very well that there is no way to avoid, I just hold my steering wheel tightly, and BANG!! Not only that my car was being hit by the 'giant' 4X4, but was being pushed backwards. Luckily my mind is still sound, so I apply my car brakes to it's fullest, hoping that my car would stop so that I won't have to land into the side, as there are some trees there. Lucky enough my car comes to a halt! I took a deep breath, open the car door, walk towards the 4X4 and question him (an old man in his 70's) "Why are you driving so fast & driving on my lane?" He then screen down his windscreen and said "raining, road wet, vehicle out of control". Even though he said this to me, but when the daughter arrive at the scene, he becomes 'dumb' and is trying to put the blame on me instead!!

To cut short the story........

When accidents happen, even when we are right, according to the traffic law, we can be wrong, thus, the wrong drivers will smile away happily & repeat his dangerous driving act over & over!! Like my case, the police really feels sorry for me because the law is not on my side, even though he knew that the old man is wrong, driving recklessly "But".......
  • "Sometimes" we follow the traffic rules closely of looking left & right before coming out of a junction "But" as long as accidents happen within 30meter of the junction, then we are still on the wrong
  • "Sometimes" the reckless driver is driving on the right lane, instead of the left lane, "But" according to the law, if there is no dotted line being drawn on the road, it is difficult to determine this argument
  • "Sometimes" we know that when accident happen, no one should move their vehicle "But" due to having cold feet at that time I didn't realise that the old man move his vehicle further off, then again I'm on the loosing end.
So, that's what happens on Saturday afternoon, feeling so scared with body trembling (but I am still under control) and even not able to have a good sleep that night cos' the moment I close my eyes the scary scene comes into my mind again & again! Just imagine....... 'A big vehicle coming right infront of my car, with high speed and knowing that there is no way for escape'! Luckily, I am an experienced driver of over 25 years, I just can't imagine what will happen if this happens to an inexperienced driver who just got their licence???????

No comments: