Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Great New Year Eve Evening to share.........

In my blog dated 29th December 2008, I did mention about busy preparing for a family New Year Eve Dinner Party! Wow....... just can't imagine, it's all over...... we are already entering the 6th day of the year 2009.

Let me wind back to the eve of the new year 2009 or rather the last day of year 2008.......

On the early morning, I did my final marketing for perishable food items, had breakfast, then go straight home. As it is an 'eight-course' dinner menu, well...... can't waste much time or else food won't be ready when the guests arrive. Luckily, my daughter Karen is around in Kuching, or else I won't even dare to dream of having such a dinner at our home.

What is worth sharing is the FOOD!!! Wanna know what are the dishes in my 'eight-course' dinner menu????

To name the food........ Fried Chicken, stir-fry 'Suan Hua' with prawns (don't know how to call it in Engligh), Brocolli with Pin Mushroom & Scallops, Crab in eggs, Ka Cha Ma Chicken, Lamb Curry, Steamboat & Cottage Pie. Off course not forgetting fruits & Salad (comprises of Purple Cabbage, Lettuce, Red Carrot & Cherry Tomato with Thousand Island Dressing.

To recall, it is indeed a tiring but worthy effort! A New Year Eve Dinner as such, especially with the presence of family guests from overseas really brings my family fond & memorable memories..........
NOTES: Photos specially captured by Karen

No comments: