Monday, July 14, 2008

Sharing A Quote

"I hear I forget
I see I remember
I do I understand"

I come to know of this quote when I am attending an Advance Women Leadership Course few years back, and find that it needs to be shared with all friends......

It is really true that things heard are easily forgotten. At times I do admit that we don't really hear what is being said, that's what people tend to say 'turning a deaf ear' and another chinese word which is commonly use is "No Ears"...... especially when the elders giving advise to their children and they seem not to care........ We also tend to be easily distracted for what is being said.

It is easier for us to remember what we see as an image is already been captured in our mind and we can easily recall the images when we visualise it. It is like using a camera to capture pictures - our eyes is the camera, when we see things we store it in our mind which is either the film, memory card or photos which have been developed.

Finally, off course things which we have done is what we experienced, thus we tend to understand it. That is why sometimes we don't understand certain things, it is because we never do it and don't know how to go about with it. For those who have been doing the same thing over and over again, they will understand fully. It is like those students who are pursuing their higher education, they not only study through theory, but also do practical training - this is where they learn through doing in order to have the full understanding of the things that they study!

No comments: