Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Impatient drivers on the increased.............

I wonder........ why are impatient drivers on the increased in Kuching City????

Driving around Kuching City are really very stressful these days!! Sometimes, it makes me think.... if they have to rush to get to the destination in time (say for work, appointment, school, etc), might as well they travel earlier. If they are lazy to wake up early, then they have to be responsible for being late instead of trying to take it on others!!!

However, situations are not such, especially when you are always on the road each day - sure to see all kinds of people with different attitudes, characters and styles!!!

This morning while I was travelling along Tabuan Road, and is taking the left lane till I reach the traffic light. Why I take the left lane?? Well, simple..... that lane have two arrows - one for going straight and the other to turn to the left. As the arrow states very clearly, I decided to take that lane, afterall I am intending to go straight and is not offending any traffic rules. But an impatient driver (driving a red Kancil Car) came from behind kept sounding its horn, as if telling me that I am on the wrong lane and he is right!! So, to avoid any nuisance, the car infront of me move a little forward so I can move a little to let the "impatient fellow" go through. That's not enough, he drove angrily pass me by blowing his car engine so loud and giving me a fierce look!!!

I really, really wonder!!!! If all Kuching drivers are behaving as such, guess........ there will be no peace for Kuching Folks....... Everyday you are sure to see fightings happening between drivers along the roads of Kuching City.

Where are the 'give and take' attitude of the people in the old days???? To ensure safety on the road, every road users should be patient and be willing to "give and take' to ensure swift flow of traffic.

Guess, this is not what Kuching Folks want, especially the patient, responsible, disciplined & road worthy road users. It is we who make things happen, so lets make our city a peaceful place to live in..........

"Mankind must remember that peace is not God's gift to his creatures, peace is our gift to each other"
~ Elie Wiesel ~

No comments: