Thursday, July 17, 2014

A frustrating situation!

It's lunch time, and I am ordering some food at a hawker stall, choose a table with fan nearby expecting to enjoy a satisfying meal with a cooler environment,  BUT to our surprise the food is served just within a few minutes and the smell of the rice in the first place knock me hard on the head! I told my mun "it's overnight rice!"

Next, I spoon a spoonful of soup and taste it, "Oh, my! The soup is not hot, just slight warm!"  Trying to stay cool, I try to dig into the soup again looking for chicken meat and the salted vegetable, as I am ordering a bowl of salted vegetable chicken soup.  To my surprise the chicken meat and salted vegetable are over-boiled,  must have been the left-over from the previous day.  Not to mention it's tasteless!!  

My mum is not choosy in terms of food, anything will satisfy her taste bud and she seldom complain.  When I tasted her buttered chicken "Oh, my! my! It's so hard!"  It must have been the left-over chicken!! It's not surprising that all the food in that stall are LEFT-OVERS!  

Will we ever go back to that food court again?? NO, NEVER!!!!!  Not only that particular stall, but NO to that food court!! Serious......

No comments: