Thursday, December 16, 2010

Workaholic???

In this fast-paced world more and more people are addicted to work - it's either strive hard to go up the corporate ladder or just stay where you are!!!

Apart from striving hard to achieve great success for personal self, most employers are pushing their employees to the extreme for purpose of more profits for the company, especially when the economic situation is on the downturn.

Having such experience myself, I admit that I was once in that situation before - spending 8 hours in the office, being worn out after the end of each tiring day; an extra of two nights Union meetings after office hours, which sometimes will drag on till midnight; rushing ahead with housework after office hours and on weekends; and more catch-up to do both at home and in the office while being away on traveling. As much as I can recall, many a times coming home after meeting in the late nights, as most families are already sound in bed, while taking my shower and at the same time I am doing the washing and cleaning of our toilet and bathroom!

With all these hustle and bustle throughout my working life, I am indeed blessed for being able to strike a good balance between family and work! I should admit that at times I do get stress-up but getting some positive remedies does help me to de-stress and overcome the situation.

If you wanna find out whether you are a workaholic or not, here's a simple tip, something which I read from a magazine and finds it worth sharing........

Are you a Workaholic?

Work addiction can affect your health and relationships, so if these characteristics sound too familiar, it's time to introduce more balance in your life.
  • Are you always in a hurry?
  • Are you a control freak?
  • Are you a perfectionist?
  • Do you seldom delegate?
  • Do you do too many things at once?
After knowing where we stand, I believe that it's time for us all to do some changes in our life in order to be healthy and happy!! God bless us all......

No comments: