Thursday, May 21, 2009

'Letter Writing' an old hobby........

Since the early years, I love to write....... though I don't have the opportunity to further pursue into this field, so I just end up in 'Letter Writing'.

That's how I develop my hobby of letter writing which is popularly known as 'Pen Pal or Pen Friend'. In the old days we correspond through pen and paper via postal mail. How many remember the old newspaper "Borneo Bulletine". This newspaper have a special column to publish the names of those who intend to make friends through letter writing. Recalling those old days where letters start pouring in after the name and address being published - couldn't wait to get home from school and start opening those letters!! Those pen friends come in all ages, nationalities and cultures. Through correspondence we also exchange postcards, stamps, articles and even photos.

Today, though people still correspond, but it is much less through pen, paper and via postal mail but through a much more easier, simplified and faster means - the Internet or online.

For myself, today I am using both the writing and online methods of getting connected with people around me, be it near or far! Though there is this online method, which is much simplified but I still use the letter writing method once a while as I belief that either methods have it's advantage and disadvantage.

No comments: