Friday, March 20, 2009

Article for sharing "Dignity amidst change"

Here's an article by Bridget Menezes on "Dignity amidst change" to be shared with all........

"DIGNITY means to treat others the way I would like to be treated.

It is having respect for myself and taking time to reflect on my highest principles. Through this, I will be able to make accurate decisions and act.

When I maintain my dignity in this way, I will be held in high esteem by others. When I live according to my highest values and principles, many challenges will present themselves.

I will be able to deal with them knowing that the solutions lie in my own ability to get to the heart of an issue.

Dignity means to be serene in the midst of change, gracious and confident with people, staying at ease in my environment, like a tree deeply rooted into the earth, nourishing its shade-giving branches, and sustaining each and every leaf.

Whenever I meet anyone, I give the gift of good wishes, give virtue and receive a virtue.

No matter what feelings or desires someone may have, I definitely have to give this one gift.

When faced with crisis, people tend to lose their sense of dignity. As a result, rash decisions are made on the spur of the moment.

Dignity is to search my heart which helps me to understand that mistakes are really poor choices. Having accepted this, I get the courage to heal a relationship, and situations will stop recurring.

The habit of blaming will end and I will be free to learn and grow.

Thought for reflection: No matter what someone is like, your humility and good wishes will create an atmosphere to bring about change".

No comments: