Saturday, December 3, 2011

Once Upon A Time........ [Part 2]

Nanas Road West, a well-known place since the old days, though its within the heart of Kuching Town, is sort of a fairy tale experience for me - a large wooden house built high up (like a tree-house) and hollow below where we can play around. This house have lots of rooms and have to admit that some of the back rooms are rather eerie????? Guess, it's because it has not been used after being vacated by my grandparents, uncles and aunts not long after we've moved in.

It was during this period of time, when I was in Kindergarten that my father underwent a Colombo Plan Scholarship Training in New Zealand for nine months. What I can recall from here is that my mum used to received letters from my dad and she wrote back and each time she will send some 'black seaweed' to go along with the letter. I believe that this has been the most hardest time for my mum as each morning she has to bring my eldest brother using bus to school after which she will stop by at my grandparents house at Pecky Park, while waiting to fetch my brother back, and they will only be reaching home in the afternoon. I recalled myself shedding tears each morning when my second aunt sent me to the school bus, as I missed my mum.

Our (me and my eldest brother) school days at Combined Council School have been real fun. We walked to school together and back each day.

to be continued.......

No comments: