Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Five years ago......

Hmmm..... I couldn't have imagine that I've left working life five years ago. Just to recap - in the final week of October, year 2006, I received the approval letter from the management for my VSS application, which I've applied since first week of August 2006. Come 1st November 2006, the day whereby most people will be busy with their early morning preparing to go to office but as for me enjoying my beauty sleep in my cozy warm bed in the comfort of my 'home sweet home'. That is one great feeling which I will never forget - free from all the hassle and bustle of waking up early, get to office in time to start the day's stressful work environment, and only to be back home when the sun nearly sets whereas on every Tuesday and Friday, when most people are already sleeping!

Well! Well!! I am indeed glad that all those stressful days are history to me. It is something which I won't want to give it a try as it will brings chills from the tip of my ears to the tip of my toes!!!

Those five years of my non-working life gets on fine for me and is enjoying every single day of it! Though I have all the time I need to do whatever I want but I am always keeping myself occupied with many things which I've missed out during those 25 over years of my working life.

Recently, with the coming of a grandson into our family, I believe that with a little adjustments here and there, everything will be in positions and life will gets on as normal. Grand parenting is something which I am now looking forward to and is the path which everyone will travel, be it now, tomorrow or in the near future!

No comments: