Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The 'First Attempt!'

As we get through the different phases of our life we continue to learn and experience new things - all the ups and downs of growing up, school days, working life, marriage life, etc..... etc......

The process of learning and experiencing new things tends to prick our nerves. Personally I've experienced many of such situations and would be proud to share some of them:-

  • When I had my first tooth extraction in lower Primary School at Poliklinik, Central Padang, I still remember my fearful screams and shouts from the dentist chair!! Today, whenever I get a glimpse at this scary place (as the imagination of my young days) it will always brings smile to my face and also the faces of my children when I relate to them!!
  • Reporting for my first day of work also brings some chills through the back of my nerve as it's something totally new and the expectation is 'blank!'
  • Singing on stage as well as giving a speech have also given me 'Butterflies in my stomach' and it's something which many people will experience. Once a while I'll experience legs cramp, heavy breathing, slight trembling of fingers as these are all the effects of 'Stage Fright'.
During the times of our nervousness.......... panicking......... wondering........ worrying........ have we ever realise how our facial expression will be like????? As we can't view our own self when we are in such a situation definitely we won't be able to know.

I've always been admiring my daughter's 'Jump Shot' photos as well as her friends. It's only until recently when we made a road trip to Bako that she invited me to do the 'Jump' while she take a shot of me jumping. My first reaction was "I don't think I can make it!" With no excuses given to me I finally agree to do it, but before that I start to ponder - how high do I need to jump? How will I look? I am scared!" The 'first attempt' is always hard, but having breaking the barrier of fear "it's not that bad after all........"

My first attempt - scary feeling, I feel myself like a heavy log and body is tense, which can be seen from my face & body expression

2nd attempt........ an enjoyable & relaxing jump!

WOW!! I've made it!!!!!

No comments: